The Workforce Development Center offers pre-employment assessment, including behavioral, aptitude, and proficiency tests. When used as an integral part of the hiring process, testing helps select the most qualified candidate. Hiring the right person increases productivity and reduces turnover, both of which reduce the substantial costs associated with hiring and training.
Benefits of Assessment
- Improves quality of new employees
- Identifies training needs
- Provides information for making staff assignments
- Reduces in-house staffing hours related to assessment, particularly in scheduling candidates, test proctoring, and scoring
- Reduces traffic flow and disruption at your facility
- Assures test reliability through the use of trained WDC staff that proctor tests in a consistent, quiet, and controlled atmosphere.
- We provide assistance with selecting appropriate pre-employment tests and interpreting results.
Review the complete list of WDC assessment products and fee structure online or print it as a reference.
We also have information on Gateway Technical College's vast array of assessment resources.
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
Wisconsin’s NCRC is EEOC friendly and easily understood by employers. The backbone of NCRC is ACT, Inc.’s WorkKeys job skill assessment system which includes the three core assessments of Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information and Locating Information. It is designed to help describe the abilities of a potential employee in the three core areas. ... read more